Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 mercedes c-350
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were in Louisville Ky. Saturday when it started raining and my left wiper blade came apart.Went to Tafel Motors to get replaced at closing and they were nice enough to change it.The gentleman said $60.00 for a car with 20,000 miles on it.I love my Mercedes but $60.00 for a wiper blade is crazy.My wife's Lincoln crossover was $16.00.If it was superior I wouldn't mine but a weekend driver and 2 years old its clear it not any better than others on the market.

·
Registered
'08 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
116 Posts
That's pretty high for a single wiper blade insert:eek:

AutohausAZ is selling it for $20 a piece, Amazon has it too for $33 a piece

Did they replace it with Bosch?

·
Registered
292 Posts
It is so easy to change them on the W204. Very cool design. It's slick.

I replaced my SLK's earlier this summer. I think I got them for $35 for the set (from germercedesparts.com ) .

However, you probably needed them right away, don't want to be caught in rain!

·
Registered
2008 mercedes c-350
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wiper blade

I did replace it with Bosch,at least thats what the service tech said but it had Mercedes on the box.

·
Registered
'89 420SEL, '93 300E and '07 Hyu Santa Fe
562 Posts
that's because you went to benz dealer for change....goto pepboys or autozone and they will replace it for you...I would say order couple of refills from napa or amazon and replace it by yourself....even if you break it once but if you learn it cost of that broken part won't hurt in long run....
I did same with my hyundai...dealer wanted to charge 50 bucks...played with existing one as i wanted to change it anyway....carefully observed how it is designed and changed passenger side first..took my time...drivers side was breeze.....then changed on both my mercs and it was piece of cake....

we have to learn abc first somewhere sometime to learn grammer..and there are no better place to start as maintenance diy

·
Registered
2008 mercedes c-350
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wiper blade

Won't do that again we were stuck in the rain.Went to advance auto and got a spare pair for $40.00 a little bit more reasonable.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts