Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago all leaded fuel was stopped here and therefore I have to fill with unleaded, my 450sel 6.9 doesn't seem to like it much as it is pinging. Tried STP Octane Booster, but didn't help much, what should I do? Is there a better additive, or another solution? I would very much appercitate any help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pinging is very bad and can cause lots of damage. There used to be an additive called Real Lead (or something similar to that) for older cars designed to run on regular gas. I would also check/replace the fuel filter.<p>You might also want to retard your ignition timing a tad if it doesn't go away. <p>Good luck<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have access to a general aviation airport, 110/130 Aviation gas is a perfect solution. The 6.9 loves it.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: A few months ago all leaded fuel was stopped here and therefore I have to fill with unleaded, my 450sel 6.9 doesn't seem to like it much as it is pinging. Tried STP Octane Booster, but didn't help much, what should I do? Is there a better additive, or another solution? I would very much appercitate any help.<p>Octane is the issue for pinging, not lead content. Have your engine checked, it could be something wrong.<br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts