Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1988 560 SL
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Continued thanks everyone for all the insight.
Sorry I haven't responded, but I've been away from the computer since Friday afternoon. My ABS light comes on for just a second when I first start the car along with several others that I assume are supposed to as a circuit test, and it turns off with the rest of them. That should rule out the bad bulb scenario. I should have an opportunity to check out the relay by mid week. Incidentally, as I alluded to earlier, I put about 350 miles on the car this weekend, about half of which were on a woodpecker trail trip to Williamsburg, with the Noble Breasted Half and another couple (who drove a 1970 280 SL). The rest of the miles were to and from a Sporting Clays shoot. Car ran wonderfully, and stopped just as well, when I had to slam on the brakes due to a dirt bag that ran a stop sign in Surry while on the way to the Jamestown/Scotland ferry. ABS?...ChecK!
I'll try and post some pic's tomorrow in the "Drove The...) thread of the Williamsburg trip.
Thanks again to all,
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1987 560 Sl Mercedes. The ABS is on and the engine is running high. Someone said it's the over voltage protection relay. Please, can anyone show me a picture as to exactly where it is located. What must I do to replace it. I can't drive the car because it's idling to high and if I put it in gear something could happen. Where exactly is this part located?

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,341 Posts
I have a 1987 560 Sl Mercedes. The ABS is on and the engine is running high. Someone said it's the over voltage protection relay. Please, can anyone show me a picture as to exactly where it is located. What must I do to replace it. I can't drive the car because it's idling to high and if I put it in gear something could happen. Where exactly is this part located?
Welcome to the forum. Please complete you profile with location an vehicle info. using the UserCP button toward the top of the main 107 forum page.

There is a Sticky at the top EGv107 http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1450550-encyclopaedia-germanica-volume-107-aka-egv107.html which has many interesting links. One is the Component Location and Pictures C.L.A.P.. Shows the location of the OVP. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1460113-components-locations-acronyms-pics.html#post4199826 Above the fuses.

·
Registered
2003 E500 V8, 1988 560SL
140 Posts
I know this is an old thread. But I just ordered a OVP relay.
Previously my car had been dying randomly after driving for more than 40 minutes or so. The car would seem to lose power on the highway and then correct itself or just die. It finally left me stranded; I was driving along and had cruise set ( which was working intermittently) it slowed down, then accelerated and finally just died. I got it towed home and ordered fuel pumps, filter and accumulator. When I was putting it back together I checked voltage at the pumps and did not have any reading?? I knew it wasnt going to start at that point. Got it all together and same issue. The fuel pump relay was replaced like 2 months ago and all of the tuneup tasks were taken care of as well.
So after reading this thread. I am ordering an OVP relay.
Does this sound like it could be the issue.I had hard warm start problems before this as well.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts