Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help...my odometer has stopped working correctly..it still works but for every mile it logs, the car has traveled 5 or so...it worked when i purchased the car a few weeks ago. Is this problem exemplary of this model? 86 560sl...with 190k?<br>Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 560sl odometer questions: please reply

: Can anyone help...my odometer has stopped working correctly..it still works but for every mile it logs, the car has traveled 5 or so...it worked when i purchased the car a few weeks ago. Is this problem exemplary of this model? 86 560sl...with 190k?<br>Thanks<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have same problem - also speedometer gets eratic @ 65 - 70 mph. I would be interested in any replies that you recieve.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, odometer problems are not common to your 560SL - they are common to ALL mercs - it seems to be a weak point as does the cruise control unit which often packs up around 100,000 kilometers

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I purchased the vehicle about a year ago - maintenance records show the cruise control was replaced @75,000 miles.<br> <br> Another minor inconvenience is keeping the sun visor in the up-most position, even though I've tightened the retaining screw.<br> <br> Have also been searching for the parts catalog - apparently they are fairly rare.<br> <br> Again, thanks for your prompt reply,<br> Stan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts