1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986 560sl,1995 e320,1999 Buick Le Sabre
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the procedure for removing injectors from 1986 560sl??What parts
are needed to replace??Injectors, O rings and such.What has to come off
in order to get to them??Safety!! I will take pictures and post when I am thru.Thanks.

·
Registered
1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
7,563 Posts
What is the procedure for removing injectors from 1986 560sl??What parts
are needed to replace??Injectors, O rings and such.What has to come off
in order to get to them??Safety!! I will take pictures and post when I am thru.Thanks.
Check my thread "my 380SL project"
I replaced mine and believe they are the same as yours.
BTW, make sure to go and fill in your profile, so we know what you have, where you are, etc.
The search feature is your friend! Go to the forum header and find the "search forum" and click on it - type in your question and voila!!
Welcome to the BW 107, BTW and be sure to post some pics of your ride!!
Bandit

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
removal of injectors

86 560sl.Injectors have never been changed,they are leaking down,causing
flooded conditions in the morning.They are also creating vacumn leaks.I just need to know what has to come off,how to remove them??Do you have this knowledge??Thanks for answering.

·
Registered
450SLC 5.6 Twin-turbo
350 Posts
okay i see , well emagin you stand infront with your hood open and then remove the aircleaner , so on each side of the valvecovers you will see a plastic tube on each side . those are connected to injectors boss where your engine is breathing at idle. so you must remove the clamp that holds each injetor down to its seat /plastic boss. first you got to loosen each injector pipe with 14mm key in swedish terms. then there are a hexagon 5mm that holds the clamp on the injector . well áfter that bean done pull the injector out from the plastic seat / boss .

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
removal of injectors

Thank you very much.I have done these on a Buick but not on a MB.Will let you know if this cures the "flooded condition overnight."Again Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts