Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A partridge hit my Dad's 560SL and damaged the driver's side plastic grill and centre chrome trim.

Where would folks recommend sourcing these parts?

Most likely will replace both sides so they match better.

Thanks for any and all tips!!

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,599 Posts
Grills are 107 888 15 23 left, 107 888 16 23 right. Check with the Form Sponsor MB OEM Parts https://www.benzworld.org/forums/mboemparts-com.377/ They are a dealer and have some codes for forum members. I found them on other dealer sites for around $45.00 left $35.00 right.

The star is stupid money 107 880 03 86 . You might check EBay.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!
The centre star is fine.
The chrome trim we need is:
Grille Grill Moulding Trim Chrome 1078880421 (right)
Grille Grill Moulding Trim Chrome 1078880321 (left)

·
Registered
935 Posts
1Gunner, I actually got the grills last week (p/ as Rowdie advised) but returned them as they were really poor quality compared to my existing 40 year old ones. The edges of the grills weren't flush, they grey coating was split on one of the fins... Meeh.

Also please note that 1971-75 were black so when ordering new ones make sure you specify dark grey / year model to get the right ones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1Gunner, I actually got the grills last week (p/ as Rowdie advised) but returned them as they were really poor quality compared to my existing 40 year old ones. The edges of the grills weren't flush, they grey coating was split on one of the fins... Meeh.

Also please note that 1971-75 were black so when ordering new ones make sure you specify dark grey / year model to get the right ones.
Thanks for the input.
To be clear, the plastic grills you received were aftermarket pieces or were they OEM?

·
Registered
935 Posts
OEM from MB I'm afraid... I got them as I'm respraying the car and replacing seals etc. and looking at the prices I thought it would be a worthy refresh, but that's a big no-no.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We need grille parts for an '86.

BTW we are in Canada.
Are there any recommended OEM suppliers to the Canadian market?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Here are the part numbers:

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 6.09.13 pm.png

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The easiest might be to contact local MB dealership as the prices are quite attractive, and you might get lucky and get good ones.
Thanks I did, and the plastic grill insert was available and in Toronto. Will have in hand on Friday.

Here are the part numbers:

View attachment 2606858
I had the part numbers, but thank you! Gotta love car enthusiast forums!

I found the chrome trim garnish piece on Ebay. It's on the way also.

Cheers!
🍻

·
Registered
935 Posts
Nice one gunner,I forgot to mention that you can also get a rebuild kit from MB part # A1078800297 which will have most of the screws, nuts, washers and rubber strip needed to overhaul the grill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts