Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 1991 560SEL, 131,000 miles and in excellent cosmetic shape. I gather from info on the net that the mileage may or may not be anything to really worry about. Thoughts? Advice?<br>
<br>
Also, aside from the engines, can someone tell me how the 560 and 420 differ? Anyone care to compare them quality wise.<br>
<br>
I am hopefully gonna become a first time MB owner shortly and have really fell for the bigger SEL's of the early 90's. I am not in a rush as I want to take my time and find the best I can. Anyone wanna offer advice to a newbie MB shopper?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well. I have a 420SEL, and as I know, the only different between the 420 and 560 is just the engine. 560=V8 5.6, and the 420 = V8 4.2. I consider of selling my car, if you interested, drop me a e-mail. My car is 22,000 origina miles. Body condition is excellent, Interior is also in excellent condition. Located in NY. Let me know what you think.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In addition to the larger engine, the 560SEL also sports a hydraulic load-leveler rear suspension that the 420 lacks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some may see the lack of the self leveling as a blessing as it causes a lot of expensive headaches when something goes wrong with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts