Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Please can someone tell me where the red vacuum line from my transmission connects to.

There are two that come from the transmission. One is white which is connected to the modulator and the other is red.... I think the red one provides vac to the kickdown but i have no idea where it connects to on the intake manifol

Attachments

·
Registered
C126.045 560 SEC 1988
5 Posts
Hi Shahil

I am a new member also, I joined up because I have been trying to solve the same question on my 88 560SEC European spec motor during a full rebuild. Finally figured it out tonight, here is the answer.

The red vacuum line connects the 733.350 auto box to the electric change over valve on the front nearside bulkhead (passenger assuming yours is right hand drive), it has a long way to travel!! it does not connect anywhere on the inlet manifold, which perplexed me for a week!

So the hard red vacuum line connects to a soft black rubber line connector at the back of the engine where it is held in position by a retaining clip on the throttle linkage, see pic.

It then connects to another rigid vacuum line (this time black with a red stripe on my motor '88 126.045 M117) this travels from the back of the engine all the way to the front under the fuel distributor and out on the nearside (left) of the intake valley, see pic, then between the nearside (left) valve cover and the power steering pump bracket at the front left of the engine and down onto the inner wing and across to the electro-vacuum change over valve where it connects to a 4-way black soft rubber vacuum tree connector.

I don't have a pic of the connector on the bulkhead but can get one later tonight when I visit the workshop.

I believe it is for the switchable gearbox "E" & "S" settings.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Shahil

I am a new member also, I joined up because I have been trying to solve the same question on my 88 560SEC European spec motor during a full rebuild. Finally figured it out tonight, here is the answer.

The red vacuum line connects the 733.350 auto box to the electric change over valve on the front nearside bulkhead (passenger assuming yours is right hand drive), it has a long way to travel!! it does not connect anywhere on the inlet manifold, which perplexed me for a week!

So the hard red vacuum line connects to a soft black rubber line connector at the back of the engine where it is held in position by a retaining clip on the throttle linkage, see pic.

It then connects to another rigid vacuum line (this time black with a red stripe on my motor '88 126.045 M117) this travels from the back of the engine all the way to the front under the fuel distributor and out on the nearside (left) of the intake valley, see pic, then between the nearside (left) valve cover and the power steering pump bracket at the front left of the engine and down onto the inner wing and across to the electro-vacuum change over valve where it connects to a 4-way black soft rubber vacuum tree connector.

I don't have a pic of the connector on the bulkhead but can get one later tonight when I visit the workshop.

I believe it is for the switchable gearbox "E" & "S" settings.

Hope this helps.

Dude thanks so much... This helped me like you will not believe. Please if you can get me a pic of the bulkhead that would be awsome but man this helped me so much

·
Registered
C126.045 560 SEC 1988
5 Posts
Electro Vacuum Change Over Valve Location Pic

Here is a pic of the electro-vacuum valve you are looking for at the front left of the engine bay just behind the headlight on the inner wing. Earlier I stated it had a 4-way vacuum connector. I was wrong. There are two individual 90 degree soft rubber connectors. One has been removed in my pic as I have upgraded to silicone vacuum lines. Hope this helps.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 420 SEC
195 Posts
How is that electro-vacuum valve controlled? The other pin is ground and to me it looks the other pin is at black/red lead. When cold car seems to be changing gears at higher RPM than at operating temp. S/E switch on my car seems to have no effect on changing. I could not find any info on that S/E switch or that valve controls on startekinfo other than some smog pump control leads are black/white.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts