Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kept me busy for about 2 days..Removal and subsequent more 'provincial' install.

Anyone looking for a high end audiophile grade stereo for their SEC/SEL?

Jonathan

Attachments

·
Registered
'90 300 CE, '91 560 SEC, (R.I.P.) '82 300SD (sold)
1,234 Posts
Jono, you're not saying you've taken that killer system you put in back out are you? I hope you're offering to do the same install on other 126s.
Jay

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nono..the one in my white coupe will stay there for the remainder:) This was out of my black coupe.. Some very close/good long time family friends of ours fell in love w/ the car and had to have it.. Fortunately it's not going far from home..only about 1 mile up the road.

I'd be happy to run this is someone elses car.. I'd do a far cleaner install then the one that was in there..power lines run w/ speaker lines, everything run over not in/through the conduits..cheap interconnects..I was really disappointed at the details behind this install.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1991 300SE
1,435 Posts
Hey Jon,

Are you looking to sell the whole thing or maybe just sell me the sub woofers/box. Can I see a better pic of the box and that rear deck cover?

Thanx,

Jammer.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Jonathan,

Looks like a tornado touched down in the middle of your garage.

I wish you were closer, I've started looking at having my original equipment Becker system replaced.

·
Always Remembered, RIP
2,074 Posts
jhodg5ck said:
This kept me busy for about 2 days..Removal and subsequent more 'provincial' install.

Anyone looking for a high end audiophile grade stereo for their SEC/SEL?

Jonathan
It looks like Mrs. 560SEC caught Mr. 560SEC cheating on her and threw all his stuff out of the house onto the lawn.

Bruce

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jammerkiller said:
Hey Jon,

Are you looking to sell the whole thing or maybe just sell me the sub woofers/box. Can I see a better pic of the box and that rear deck cover?

Thanx,

Jammer.
Well, the box I tossed..but I still have the subs. They are ADS 8's..I can get you the model # if you are interested.

The rear parcel shelf had to go back in as w/o it there would be nothing :p

Axle, this would be much easier were you here..! A proper install w/ something like thie requires the bulk of the interior to be removed..we're this one in right I would have had the front seats out as well. Which ever way you do go be sure to use external DSP's/amplification etc.. that's the only way to Really tailor the sound perfectly in our cars.

Jonathan

·
Registered
83 Posts
hello,
me i look for the two speaker in the door for a 560sec (sound system bose)
it's difficult to find this part ...
if anyone has this part ....
THANK

·
Registered
1991 300SE
1,435 Posts
Jonathan,

I was curious as it looks like the box was mounted underneath the rear deck. If that was the case, do you have any pics or details of the box's install? I would be interested in the ADS woofers, if the price is right. :)

I'll send you a PM.

Jammer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts