Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560SEC
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to the mechanic and addressed about an alignment issue. When they put it on the lift they said that the lower ball joints have excessive play, tie rods frozen and worn, centerlink also weak, upper swaybar bushings to control arm weak. need approx. 3 hours to pull suspension as needed for front camber correction. Rear also has excessive negative camber, unable to correct (from lowering). He estimates it being over $2500. My gosh shouldn't the mechanic who lowered it advised me about these problems or about the rear's negative camber. What do I do here guys? The alignment was incomplete, they only set front toe at this time only. They charged me $123.50 in labor for that. Any else with these same problemz and how much did you spend. Thanks any help, advise greatly needed and appreciated.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sounds like you found a good mechanic. You wouldn't believe how many 126s are driving around with crapped out dangerous suspensions. Once you renew a 126's tired suspension, you won't believe the difference. If you are handy or have a friend or two that is, alot of the work can be done by economically. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time or ability to do mine myself. Whatever way you do it, you will be amazed.

·
Registered
560SEC
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any body located in the south bay who knowz about these issues that would be willing to help me and stop by. thankx

·
1991 500SEC 55K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 153K mi. 2020
4,987 Posts
Hi Lyrics10,

Ditto MRTIKKET's contribution.

I had my car's frt. & rear suspension looked after in a somewhat major way last Summer & Fall. I am so pleased with the suspension operation & general road feel (and mine wasn't really 'toasted' either) since the work, I can't wait for it to stop snowing here, let the salt wash away, and take the car out again!!!

It is very, very much worth the expense.

[:)] MBL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts