Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings --

I apologize in advance for any faux paus in placing this listing -- any transgressions were purely unintentional.

I have for sale on eBay a Momo wood steering wheel and adapter and large wheel hub covers that I have removed from my wife's new (to her) 1986 560 SL.

The links are as follows:

Steering Wheel: Momo Wood Steering Wheel 14.75" | eBay

Adapter: Momo Steering Wheel Adapter -- Mercedes-Benz 560 SL | eBay

Wheel Center Cap Cover: http://www.ebay.com/itm/180940794891?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_2234wt_92

If the links don't work my eBay username is zach650fp6 -- I think you can look them up via that username.

Above all else I want to get these parts out of my garage so that I don't store them for a decade and then forget to give them away when I sell the car! If I'm all wet on prices, let me know that they're worth.

Regards and thanks in advance,

-- Kevin

·
Registered
'70 280S-'73 450SLC-'81 380SL-'84 500SEC Euro-'92 300SL24-'95 E320
984 Posts
I do wish you had posted the wheel and adapter as a set. Risk ending up with only 1 of the 2 with bidding, but may give it a go anyway.
dws

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adapter Faux Pas?

NorCalSl suggested that I should have posted the adapter and the wheel separately.

My logic was that different people may have needed each item (that is, one that already had an adapter for, say their VW but no wheel, and another had a wheel for their SL but no adapter). As a guy who always needs a spring and has to buy an entire assembly to get it (ask me about @!#[email protected]#% Case IH tractor parts!!!), I prefer to be offered discrete items as opposed to assemblies.

Here's what I'll do: if different people buy each part and one or both needs both parts, I will try to mediate a solution (which may involve me taking a haircut, which is fine).

I'd like to keep everybody happy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts