Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home at about 12:30 a.m. when out of the blue (no pun intended), a Blue Heron stepped out in front of me. Well, in his last act on this earth, he took out my headlight lense and turn signal on the passenger side. I still wonder what the heck this bird was doing on the road in the first place. If anybody out here has a passenger side headlight lense and turn signal that they want to sell, please let me know. DSC00859.jpg

·
9,038 Posts
Wish I had my US spec lights to donate but I believe I tossed those out to the trash :( Maybe its time to upgrade to Euro lights?

·
Registered
554 Posts
+ 1 on Euro lights...helps see Blue Herons better as well :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have clears on my car. You can have my amber corners from my SEL for free? You still work at the same place? I can bring them up to you.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey DanielSL, that would be great! Still working there, I'll pm you! Funny thing is, that bird took out the headlight and not the frame. Usually you can just look at the frame, and it breaks!

·
Registered
533 Posts
depo's...duuuude.... :p

Bosch baby!
whats wrong w/depos?

I put euro depos from ebay on my w124 and I thought that they were good lights and a great upgrade.

the lights in that link are no longer reduced, but I want a pair for my SEL one of these days.
a set of bosch euros must cost a mint! new depos for $187 shipped sound like a hot deal to me.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
they're chinese and the beam pattern is crap by comparison.

Plastic is a Lot thinner, everything just has a feeling of cutting corners. No one gives anything away for free anymore, do they work yes.. do they throw a pattern like a Real Bosch, No, will they likely hold up as long under the heat, esp when using high wattage bulbs..unlikely.

Jonathan

·
9,038 Posts
About 7 years back I purchased Depo's... I then ended up with genuine Bosch units. I saw them side by side and the Bosch was definitely a better-made unit. The Depo's looked "cheap" and you can feel it when adjusting the height of the lights with the knob. They're better than US spec's... but not as nicely made as the Euro Bosch units.

·
Registered
275 Posts
they're chinese and the beam pattern is crap by comparison.

Plastic is a Lot thinner, everything just has a feeling of cutting corners. No one gives anything away for free anymore, do they work yes.. do they throw a pattern like a Real Bosch, No, will they likely hold up as long under the heat, esp when using high wattage bulbs..unlikely.

Jonathan
DEPO is actually a brand from Taiwan. Taiwan, IMHO, produces on average good quality products that should not be lumped into the same category as "China junk on eBay".

As far as I've heard from many first hand testimonies, DEPO units are actually quite nice. The fact that they pale in comparison to original Euro Bosch units is a testimony to Mercedes's engineering. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for the replies on DEPOS. I wanted an upgrade from stock Amer spec lights, but now I don't know if I will get them. I probably shouldn't spend the money anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts