Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '78 240d and was interested in a 5.6l engine swap. (yes I'm obsessed with power) Has anyone ever heard of this obsured swap?? If so is there cutting involved, I know the 5.6 is a pretty wide V.<br> thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it can be done, youll have to make some new motor mounts and such, maybe swap out the rear end of course, my uncle did somehting like that once, the car was called the bat mobile, when it ran you got out of the way ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adam,<br> <br> A far easier and modular exchange would be the 300 Turbo diesel with a 4 speed 240D transmission. But you'll chirp the tires in every gear unless you get the 3.07 rear end. Try it, you'll love it. You can wind it up to eighty MPH in third coming onto the freeways and then leap forward as you shift into fourth!!!I've done three.<br> Ben<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adam,I have a 300TD 1980 wagon that I installed a 350 chevy /700-r4 power train in.the fourth gear is overdrive and gets 20+ mpg on the freeway.the 350 is rated at about 320 hp.I had no problems w/ the rear-end ratio,however the trans tunnel will need a slight amount of surgery.this combo is cost efective and dependable.to make it look more 'german' a 560 sl air cleaner sits on top of the quadrajet. regards ,CARTER

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am also interested in dropping the 300D into a 240D. Any info or links anyone could provide would be appreciated.<br> <br> Cheers <br> <br> Beau

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.