Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pretty much as soon as my ML rolled over 55,500kms
the gearshift felt different moving from park to D and back again, turns out the little plastic bush under the car from the shift rod to the auto linkage disintegrated! these are only a few dollars but my truck is only 5 years old and only 55,000ks! I used to sell heaps of these for all old benzes...
012 997 03 10 I think?

also when using the sunroof on a nice day I heard a bad crunch sound and part of the plastic on the left hand rail of the sunroof broke (seen from the top with roof open) and some kind of metal leaf spring or bracket was exposed...

this one will be harder (dearer) to repair!!! I had to hold it in place and press the switch at the same time... waaaaaaaaah!

anyone had similar experience as either of these 2? I can't remember seeing any posts on these topics :(

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
Reach under the dashboard and flick the SP switch into W mode.

The Spare Parts control lever only conserves parts when in warranty mode. The car is either in SD or CP mode now. That would be Self Destruct or Customer Pays.

Its not a switch many people know about and sometimes it can be bumped out of W mode during warranty but most often its set to a date or mileage. A good reason not to install GPS.

Pushing the switch back into W mode will ensure trouble free motoring.

Sometimes however the SP switch itself breaks and that just means your car is built in America.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Had the same problem with the sunroof/moonroof. Bought the plasctic clips that go on the side, and remounted the wind deflector, works fine, and those clips that hold it together were only about $20.00. It was a little difficult to fix, but that was only because it was such a tight space you will be working in, other than that, no problems, and easy to fix.

Good Luck,

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,174 Posts
Both the disintegrating linkage bushings and breaking sunroof deflector are common problems. You are “lucky� that your have lasted so long! AS for the sunroof deflector, you need to just remove it. It doesn’t do much good anyhow. Also, make sure you get all the pieces out of the track. Mine broke and the pieces damaged the track, which mean the entire sunroof had to be replaced (thankfully under warranty).

- RODNEY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts