Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I'm looking at a couple of 1989 560SL for sale in two different colors

• 512 Almandine Red Metallic (Almandinerot, Garnet Red, Maroon?, 1988-1993)
• 587 Pajett Red Metallic (Pajettrot, Cabernet Red, Burgundy?. 1984-1991)

Both look pretty good to me, but the color registration on web photos isn't always very good. In particular, the Almandine looks purplish in other photos I've seen of this color.

I've seen opinons on German blogs for and against these colors. Does anybody here have an opinion? Any good pictures of cars with these colors?

Thanks in advance.

-- Roy Zider

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 C300 (sold), 1987 560SL, 2007 CLK350 Cabrio, 2011 E350 Coupe. ALL 040! :)
121 Posts
Personally, I think the Pajett red color is nicer if those pictures are good representations of how they look in person. But maynardg is right. It realy comes down to which is in better condition. Did you try going to google, putting in the color names and clicking "images" at the top of the first results page? You should get a lot of images that way to help you decide which you like best.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
Hi:

I'm looking at a couple of 1989 560SL for sale in two different colors

• 512 Almandine Red Metallic (Almandinerot, Garnet Red, Maroon?, 1988-1993)
• 587 Pajett Red Metallic (Pajettrot, Cabernet Red, Burgundy?. 1984-1991)

Both look pretty good to me, but the color registration on web photos isn't always very good. In particular, the Almandine looks purplish in other photos I've seen of this color.

I've seen opinons on German blogs for and against these colors. Does anybody here have an opinion? Any good pictures of cars with these colors?

Thanks in advance.

-- Roy Zider
They both look great.

I wish I had your worries.

·
Registered
1978 450SL (RIP); 2007 Impala 9C3 (Police); 2010 Ford Edge
212 Posts
All things being equal, I like the shade of red on the one with the Euro headlights. It seems to 'pop' more.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got an onsite inspection report from my daughter about the Pajettrot car -- she can see me in it. But paint has some blemishes on the trunk lid, seats not torn but show wear (20 years), some minor dents, top has small tear and plastic has some cracks, usw. But well-maintained.

Now have to get my son to look at the Almandine car -- agree with alambakal -- in the picture, the Almandine red (almandinerot) has more "pop". Problem, as always, is how close the pictures are to the actual color and shine, and how good the finish is. A paint job was a $4,000 ticket years ago. Have no idea at the moment what it is now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C300Brett:

Yes, googled these two colors extensively before posting here. As noted, Almandine looked purplish in a post I saw with this color. Was hoping somebody here had experience with these two colors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way: The FIRST picture is 587 Pajett red (pajettrot), the second is 512 Almandine (almandinerot -- the one with the Euro headlights), the reverse of the order listed in my original post.

-- Roy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts