Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I had the exhaust done on my SL; and wow what a major difference it has on the car and the way it feels! It feels like a legit German muscle car the throttle also feels more responsive and the car feels like it breathes and performs better! It’s a resonator delete with a free flowing muffler! Tell me what you guys think!

·
Registered
2002 SL500 Silver Arrow
663 Posts
wow - that sounds great. Nice job.

I actually favor the quiet smoothness of a stock SL (I'm getting old, I know) -- but a rumbly V8 will always be cool.

·
Registered
2002 SL500 Silver Arrow
663 Posts
btw - at about 0.:28 - no third brake light. My guess is that the wires that run up the trunk hinge are severed. Pretty easy fix. Should be searchable or message me and I can walk you through it. I'm working on a friend's car now and that is on the to-do list here as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow - that sounds great. Nice job.

I actually favor the quiet smoothness of a stock SL (I'm getting old, I know) -- but a rumbly V8 will always be cool.
You can never go wrong with stock I guess but this is awesome and yeah it’s a perfect pitch IMO!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw - at about 0.:28 - no third brake light. My guess is that the wires that run up the trunk hinge are severed. Pretty easy fix. Should be searchable or message me and I can walk you through it. I'm working on a friend's car now and that is on the to-do list here as well.
I would love to see how it’s done I’ll check again to see if they’re out! Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
'91 560SEC, '98 SL500
1,998 Posts
This is on my list to do in the next few weeks, except I am going to remove my 22 year old cats and replace with high flow ones which will also help with flow and performance gains, no point doing all that exhaust work and not upgrading the cats at the same time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is on my list to do in the next few weeks, except I am going to remove my 22 year old cats and replace with high flow ones which will also help with flow and performance gains, no point doing all that exhaust work and not upgrading the cats at the same time.
Yeah man I just wanted to get some sound first but the cats will be soon and btw love your YouTube channel I always see you on the FB groups too. I feel I’ve gained some responsiveness in the throttle as well and it seems to rev better now too!

·
Registered
'91 560SEC, '98 SL500
1,998 Posts
Yeah man I just wanted to get some sound first but the cats will be soon and btw love your YouTube channel I always see you on the FB groups too. I feel I’ve gained some responsiveness in the throttle as well and it seems to rev better now too!
Awesome thanks for the support and tuning in. Let's stay in touch on the cat swap out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts