Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
"91" w124 230e on air ride suspension.. "95" Mitsubishi Evolution 3 CD9A [email protected]
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an old w140 1993mercedes 400sel its been sitting in my shed for months i have decided i'm going to start driving it again (every week was started and warmed to O.T).....anyway when its cold it runs perfectly smooth but once its up to operating temperature it idles quite rocky and at low revs accelerating has a misfire till the revs pick up i've checked the basics HT leads, dizzy and rotor. plugs are new but now it has a rather loud exaust system its more noticeable it has the two coils they don't seem to get hot at all I've removed and cleaned the maf sensor even tho the engines in spotless condition the engine loom i was told had been replaced I'm now stumped for things to look for gggrrrrrr any suggestions please?

·
Premium Member
2012 E350 CGI Avant Garde Sport
1,931 Posts
Well, if the car sat for a really long time I'd say drain the fuel tank and refill with high quality gas. That should help

·
Registered
CLS350 C219 2006
582 Posts
Hi,

Have same problem. Mine goes away after about 2-5 minutes depending on how long it sits. My mechanic suggested to check the second fuel filter which is under the air filter in the return lines. Haven't yet ix it, on my list. Worth a try.
Excuse if I got the terminology wrong, hope makes sense.

Cheers

Ralf

·
Registered
"91" w124 230e on air ride suspension.. "95" Mitsubishi Evolution 3 CD9A [email protected]
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool I'll try these things. just don't see what stale gas would do tho when it runs ok cold, but I'll put some fresh 98 octane in it next weekend and thrash the tits off it and see what happens.... could be right tho starting it and idling it once a week might be clogging it up...

any other suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts