Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'92 300SE, 203k
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 300SE a couple of months ago (and miss it) but I was delighted to see a 500SEC racing in the annual Nurburgring 24 hours in Germany last weekend.

Pics here:

http://www.fourwheeldrift.co.uk/ring24/index.html

Looks like it met with the Armco or another car at some point in the night [B)] but then so did most of the cars. It was raining on and off the whole time.

As the pictures show, it's quite a spectacle with 200+ cars on the grid. The BMW M3 GTRs came 1-2 and the red Zakspeed Viper 3rd. The SEC was 106th, 37 laps behind. That doesn't seem like a lot, but the laps are 15 miles long as it uses the Nordschleife and the newer F1 circuit.

·
Registered
Widebody SEC
774 Posts
nice find.[:D]

the SEC looks awesome on a track.

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
amgbnz - 5/11/2005 4:10 AM

nice find.[:D]

the SEC looks awesome on a track.
I concur!

The other cars on the track were not too shabby either. [8D]

·
Registered
'84 500SEC
183 Posts
Ahh, thats awesome! Now I don't have to listen to people when they tell me not to autox my car... Still have to get the car fixed first but thats another story.

Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What a good looking SEC on track! I am looking forward to grip a 1:18 model from Autoart "500 SEC AMG 24 HRS NURBURGRING 1989" which is set for launch in August 2006.

·
Registered
560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
1,930 Posts
Teutone said:
Check out this gem posted originally by miki_com_au, cool Hans Stuck Nuerburgring race video: http://www.bmwtransact.com/microsite/Nurburgring/M3_race.swf

WOW....I missed the 1st time this was posted...THX for the repost.

When he cut off the Red Porsche...do ya think the Porsche went tits u^p...?

@ any rate....was a fine piece of driving.

(Hated that chip in the windshield !!)

:D :D

·
Registered
89' 300SE 80' 240D
616 Posts

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,110 Posts
Driving Movie

Great video and good to see an SEC racing.

Check out the 9 minute film "C'Etait un Rendezvous" by Claude Leouch.

If I remember correctly, in 1976 he basically strapped a camera to the front fender of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a Formula 1 driver race it through the streets of Paris early in the morning. The footage is absolutely fantastic.

None of the details about the movie have been publicly disclosed because it was all highly illegal. Lelouche, the director, was briefly arrested when the short film was premiered, but he never divulged the identity of the driver. The car is never seen in the movie, but it is assumed it is Lelouch's personal 275 GTB and you can hear the sound of the engine so most experts agree it sounds like an authentic Ferrari V12.

The movie was part of the "Reality" period of filmaking so there is no editing involved, no speeding up of the film, no alterations at all - just 9 minutes of uninterruped filming.

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/video/bentleyPubs.rendezvous.preview.htm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts