Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 500sec straman did not find any serious buyers so im putting it under the knife. Apart from needing. Paint which it is getting now it is mechnically and cosmetically mint.

Have a few extra bucks so even though i have just done complete new brakes front and rear. I looking at a big brake kit has anyone done the c32 brakes on a w126 yet or cl65 brakes. I happen to have complete front used kits for both of these cars and thinking of doing one of them. The 800.00 dollar new rotros for the cl65 seems too much but if i go that route the car will be seriously overbraked without engine power to use those so they would last maybe 5 plus years. Considering i only drive the car about 3k a year.

Which would you use? Seriously as i am going to upgrade as soon as the black Straman comes back from the paint shop....thanks:confused:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Dont forget if you use massive calipers and dont change your master cyl,booster it will change your pedal feel for the worse ,I dont know how the ABS unit on these cars will react to larger volumes to the calipers either not to mention re calculating the bias adjustment.
Although you you can get adjustible bias valves aftermarket and you could just ditch the ABS . Obviously its also going to mean adding big diameter rims to clear the calpers so all the relevent issues re big rims will need to be addressed
Given the stock brakes work fine on these its a lot of $$ and development for bragging rites
That said alot of people will be impressed if you get it to work and if its for looks it would be fairly unique....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts