Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'85 500SEL AMG, 91 560SEL, '99 E55, '00 SL600, '99 S600, '99 E300 TD, '92 190E
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seller claims car has been AMG modified. Price seems steep. What you guys think?

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4544360404&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Car looks nice, but I don't think that the model is all that desirable. I'd love to see a few more pics though.

·
Registered
w126 420 sel
622 Posts
nice color combo with black, mesh rims and polished lip, but dones't realy appeal to me. need more pics...

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,254 Posts
Euro-Spec, has been running "successfully" on unleaded gas.....

What the heck does that mean?

If it has the higher compression euro engine without cats, how has it been registered, and how has it been running on unleaded?

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Hans Dietrich Gensher was vice chancellor and minister of foreign affairs. He never served as chancellor.

If the seller’s knowledge about the car is as accurate as his knowledge of German politics, this car is very suspect. And as noted above the entire paragraph about the engine makes no sense at all. What ‘inspection’ did the car pass sans cat? Emissions or safety or both?

I like the look of the car a lot but the seller has done a poor job with the listing.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
AxelWulff - 4/23/2005 9:49 AM

Euro-Spec, has been running "successfully" on unleaded gas.....

What the heck does that mean?

If it has the higher compression euro engine without cats, how has it been registered, and how has it been running on unleaded?
All one Really needs to get the major benefit from lead (octane boost aside) is one, maybe two tanks of leaded gas. The lead under super heated conditions (ie, the exhaust valve and seats) forms a halide w/ the metal making it able to w/ stand far greater temps for extended durations.

Since this car is in the states and would never see extended triple digit runs as it would in Germany unleaded gas is perfectly fine.

Jonathan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts