Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
500E - any buying tips wanted...

Hello to everyone.
It's my first post here, so let me introduce a little, please. :)
I'm an owner of Land Rover Defender 90 which I like the most since bought her at 2000. But things are changing, I'm growing up etc... I need a good reasonable sedan for long distances. Defender is also good, but... ;)

So that basicly I'm looking for Jaguar/Daimler XJ6/x300... but... I found 500E... which was the only one car (OK beside G-klass) of the MB range which I liked. (you know... at '90s were in Germany such joke... Visit Poland, your Mercedes is already there. ;) so the users profile was quit nice and generraly I didn't like MB at all). The reason was her hidden power and distinguish.

The car which I'm telling you is not expencive, swaped to E500 look, and, what's important, since 1999 in one hands...

It is not a guaranty of well care, but I hope that's better than used one from 5th hand...

Writing here I would like to get some advices about common problems (it's already 304 000 km on the clock), what to have to do after such millage and any comments about such car...

I know a little about E500 (it's quite differend to regular 124) but don't know any specific knowledge.

any post about and any expirience is welcome.

Many Thanks
Jan

·
Registered
91 black 300E (from college days), 01 Vette, 01 Porsche 911, 08 Porsche 911, Lincoln Navigator
442 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and do a search on your topic.

·
Registered
2007 S550
1,165 Posts
Why would you want any of our opinions when most of us drive the kind of MB that you generally don't like at all? Good luck.

Define audacity......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
battlecat714 said:
buying tips? trying finding a decent one.
:) I'll do my bests but haven't any special choose. At this moment there are three offers, and only one possibly interesting...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cyberbach said:
Why would you want any of our opinions when most of us drive the kind of MB that you generally don't like at all? Good luck
Define audacity......
well... understand me... here in Poland MB was a mafia/upstart man/taxidriver car...

I was growing up in opposite to this...

now things are changing, but used old MB (not classic) has still quite poor PR.

it doesn't mean that this is bad or not nice car. W124 500E has that something what I'm looking for and this is a reason to beg pardon with MB :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JJB236 said:
Welcome to the forum, and do a search on your topic.
well.. it's not easy... when I fill the searcher with "buying E500" I get 500 topics to read...

·
Registered
1995 E320, 1961 220Sb
73 Posts
e500 are really nice cars id love to have one. and there will be lots of replacement parts available in poland because there are lots of mercedeses their (and its right next to germany) as long as you have enough zloty it will be pretty easy to maintain. my whole family is in poland and my uncle and cousin both own a mercedes. they run pretty well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Cheers from Poland ;)

Well... I agree I'm in better situation than US MB lovers.

But E500 is very specific.. Even on e-bay.de there is a liitle items for this model. (note that only 10479 were build)

I'm also worry about my budget :)

I've read that if everything is OK it's nice car. But without proper maitenence done by previous owner, it could be a reason to bancroupt :)

So that I would like to collect as much knowledge as possible to avoid such buy like my Defender which is now very nice car, but had to spend alot of money and time for her...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts