Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I watch a lot of car stuff on YouTube, there's a bunch of idiots, but some are entertaining, Hoovie makes a living doing this now, he likes getting unusual cars and having issues with all of them, has a show on TV, his mechanic is pretty cool The Wizard, Hoovie talked him into starting his own channel, interesting on what he knows and fixes, now this guy on the W124 FB page bought the cheapest 500E, $900 lol, he's fixing it up.
Would you buy this????? only made 1500!
Where can i find this car?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Very disappointing to see familiar names on here that I admire (not many posts here, but over 5000 on peach parts) bashing me. I used to be a section president of MBCA, and was a regular contributor to the Star-- even writing a detailed buyers guide to the 107 a few years ago. I've owned and fixed so many 124s over the years, along with many other Mercedes, and drank the "Best or Nothing" cool aid for a long time.

The truth is, these cars are well built, but just as susceptible to age and neglect as any other well built car from any continent. The only reason so many are still on the road is because we still value an old Mercedes so much and think they are worth fixing.

BMW products are garbage for the most part as we all know, but Toyota, Lexus, Honda, etc have made equally durable products-- probably better in many ways after the new millennium.

I remember being a keyboard warrior and bashing videos, saying similar things like "this guy knows nothing about cars". I guess now I know what it's like to be on the other side. I will admit that I dumb it down a little bit and ham up a few things, but that's how you entertain the widest audience possible...

Also keep in mind that titles have to be as clickbait as possible...

Tyler, face it, you're an internet star. People talking smack about your channel is the proof. Keep up the entertaining videos. I'm a die hard car guy and love them.

·
Premium Member
10,115 Posts
A lot of you young lions just don't get it. Us "older-out-of-the-loop" type guys like to give kudos and points to people that actually wrench on their vehicles for the greater good. Ya know....actual wrench time with a positive outcome and then share that with like-minded others....err, the purpose of this forum? What some of you seem to enjoy on YouTube is just shameless word diarrhea by folks who want the greatest ratings.

Not everything Hoovie says is off-base. He's got a lot of it correct, but the presentation and the clamoring for the 'subscribe' button is where it all goes south. To each his own...now way I'm gonna talk you out of watching his channel, anymore than you're going to talk me into watching it.

Funny how millennial's and gen z's treat older folks with experience like nothing more than pariahs. No other country in the world treats people past middle age so shamelessly. So go for it...do your damnest.:devil

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
A lot of you young lions just don't get it. Us "older-out-of-the-loop" type guys like to give kudos and points to people that actually wrench on their vehicles for the greater good. Ya know....actual wrench time with a positive outcome and then share that with like-minded others....err, the purpose of this forum? What some of you seem to enjoy on YouTube is just shameless word diarrhea by folks who want the greatest ratings.

Not everything Hoovie says is off-base. He's got a lot of it correct, but the presentation and the clamoring for the 'subscribe' button is where it all goes south. To each his own...now way I'm gonna talk you out of watching his channel, anymore than you're going to talk me into watching it.

Funny how millennial's and gen z's treat older folks with experience like nothing more than pariahs. No other country in the world treats people past middle age so shamelessly. So go for it...do your damnest.:devil

Kevin
The Millennials I know don't watch Youtube.

Youtube is probably like Facebook: only for old farts.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
The Millennials I know don't watch Youtube.

Youtube is probably like Facebook: only for old farts.
How many millennials do you know? Let's start there.

Youtube is to millennials what knowledge and experience is to old farts. I won't be surprised when my grandkids teach their own kids how to brush their teeth by linking them to a Youtube video.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts