Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

721 - 726 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Here's an incredibly nice E60. Price is astronomical at $236,138.00:
https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/mercedes-benz/e-class/1993/580837
That's insane money for a conversion... no code 957 in the datacard. Note it has modified AMG Gen2 bumpers, but not AMG side skirts. The bumpers, and interior mods, make it look like it went through Japan at some point.

Datacard for WDB1240361C090317: https://www.datamb.com/vin/MjxRadXNrYn2eoXrm

Here's a nice '94 E500 that sold recently for $38K: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-mercedes-benz-e500-5/
That one did not sell... reserve not met at $38k. Seller (Dean) was a broker for the owner who has a collection.

Good ones are starting to get expensive.
Yes. Yes, they are! A high-mile Spruce Green one sold recently on fleaBay for <$13k, the cheapest I've seen in a long time. There's a sweet Bornite/Blackberry for sale now in the mid teens, I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet. There isn't much available under $20k.

:eek

·
Registered
281 Posts
gsxr: I did not realize that the E60 was a clone. It is extremely unethical to sell it as genuine without disclosure - especially for such a high price.

I recently saw a very low mileage E500 for sale for $89K, but I neglected to post it. Some of these vehicles are way over-priced. Most decent ones seem to be priced at $25-35K.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
gsxr: I did not realize that the E60 was a clone. It is extremely unethical to sell it as genuine without disclosure - especially for such a high price.
It appears to be a genuine AMG build, however it would be post-delivery... meaning MB sold the car as an E500, and at some point after taking delivery, the owner brought it to AMG for a 6L upgrade. Is it genuine AMG? Probably, yes, but documentation is needed to prove it without code 957 in the datacard. Regardless, the asking price is extremely high. Neat car, I'd love to have it in my driveway, but not at that price.

I recently saw a very low mileage E500 for sale for $89K, but I neglected to post it. Some of these vehicles are way over-priced. Most decent ones seem to be priced at $25-35K.
Super-low mile E500E's have sold for $75-$125k in the past year or so. These are primarily collector cars where the buyer is fascinated with an odometer reading, buys the odometer, and it comes with a free car. :grin

You can get a really nice E500E in the current market for ~$30k or so. $40-$50k should get you near show quality. Under $20k will get you a nice fixer-upper. Some wrecked/totaled cars have sold for $10k at salvage auctions. Prices are all over the place, good deals go fast (on the market for days or weeks).

If you're not afraid of high miles, you can still find good deals. These cars were extremely well built and are not "worn out" with 200-300k on the clock. One owner on 500Eboard has a car with over 1 million kilometers (635kmi current reading, click here) that runs & looks like new after receiving a paint job. Original, non-rebuilt engine & transmission too.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
281 Posts
gsxr: Agreed, the E60 sure is nice, but the price is outrageous.

Also, I can easily believe 580K on that engine, but it's remarkable that the transmission is original.

721 - 726 of 726 Posts