Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

661 - 680 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mercedes Benz E Class 500E | eBay

Only in Scottsdale would they think its a $25k car.
Its nice! Wish I could drive down there later today and drive home in it though :D

Just refinance my house and sell the E350...mmm...
This car supposedly sold at the Mecum Monterey auction for $19k plus fees just a couple weeks ago. I saw the car up close.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
The Shatner 500E is now owned by 500Eboard member kmukherjee

It went from members savmjv to Ron500E to kmukherjee who has it.

He is currently waiting on paperwork from Ron500E who is MIA.
Yes i own the car - It is now repaired

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Shatner's 500E

I doubt Bill was very impressed with the 500E...

his other vehicle was the Enterprise with light speed 0-100 times, top speed out of this world. :cool:

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Shatner car

How damaged was it and are you really into the fact it was Shatner's car, or was it a pretty good deal for you?

Kevin
I own 2 other w124 500e's - 1 wagon and another sedan. I bought this car solely for the Shatner history.

-Kushal

·
Registered
272 Posts
Okay, since that one below was so terrible, here's a much nicer one to make up for it: 1994 Mercedes E500 Porsche-Mercedes collectible

And to think, it's only 9x what I paid for my 400E, which is in similar condition (not *quite* as nice cosmetically).

Still, a 500E/E500 is in the 90s wing of my imaginary/fantasy garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Depends on who that former Baseball player was, if it was a player who's batting average was under the Mendoza line forget it!!!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
500E Wagon for sale in Japan w/89,000 km. No pictures of the engine bay but description lists 5.0l and it appears to have factory 500 front bumper, fenders, and rear flares. Based on the build date of 09/1991 it won't be eligible to import in the states until September of this year.

MERCEDES_BENZ MEDIUM CLASS | 1991 | WHITE | 89,000*km | details.- Japanese used cars.Goo-net Exchange

2,700,000 yen at todays exchange is approx $22,750 usd.

Nice car but no such a thing as a 500E wagon. That should be called 300TE with 500E conversion

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have a 89 420SEL bought from the estate of Perry Como in 2002.

I bought it for my folks, not because it was Perry's car, but it only had 17,200k on it in July of 2002.

PS Jersey here also!

I own 2 other w124 500e's - 1 wagon and another sedan. I bought this car solely for the Shatner history.

-Kushal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Gorgeous Vehicle!

I have a 89 420SEL bought from the estate of Perry Como in 2002.

I bought it for my folks, not because it was Perry's car, but it only had 17,200k on it in July of 2002.

PS Jersey here also!
Hey, Bruce!

What a great car and provenance. :bowdown:
Do you have more pics of this vehicle?
Do you drive this, or is it garaged?

I have a good friend in Morrisville Pa, across the river from you. Next time I visit him, I'd like to GTG and look at this vehicle on your invitation. :beerchugr:
April, maybe? We do Jersey Shore about that time of year. PM me if/when you get a chance.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey Guy

It is driven, although not that much.

I think it has 54k on it now.

And yeah no problem, let me know when you are in the area.

Hey, Bruce!

What a great car and provenance. :bowdown:
Do you have more pics of this vehicle?
Do you drive this, or is it garaged?

I have a good friend in Morrisville Pa, across the river from you. Next time I visit him, I'd like to GTG and look at this vehicle on your invitation. :beerchugr:
April, maybe? We do Jersey Shore about that time of year. PM me if/when you get a chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ummmmnnn..., you DO realize those wheels are period correct uber rare 3 piece German Carlsson 2/6 right?

Ummmmmmm, period or not, my opinion is the same. Good news is that you don't have to share my opinion and that's ok by me. :)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Final selling price just under $20k seems right considering the rust that was discovered in the spare tire well.
That's about right with the rust 'discovered'. Rust makes me nervous and the climates where the cars come from. Usually rust is insidious and will turn up in other undiscovered places. My wagon was rust free until a couple of yrs ago. Unknown to me, the manage at the local supermarket was HEAVILY dousing the parking lot with salt during bad weather. So now, I have a fair amount of rust under there.

Kevin

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Corrosion was not isolated to just the spare tire well. You can see brake fittings corroded as well. That car lived a hard 81k mile life.the seller overpaid in the first place but made out well considering.

661 - 680 of 726 Posts