Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think the price is high. Depends what someone might want to pay I guess. It looks pretty average. There was one on recently that came with a signed picture of Captain Kirk for about the same money........

·
Sith Lord
11,813 Posts
That same car has been posted by a member here, and in the general for sale section.

Quite ambitious...

Mind you, whilst visiting the MB museum in Stuttgart last year, they had a practically new 500E on display in the Youngtimers showroom. Priced at 49,999 euros....

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
I'm currently working with a producer for a whole line of Shat related car accessories. We're also looking into buying cars on auction and having him sign them for a "signature series" of premium-select autos. Stay tuned

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
car was offered for sale in this thread earlier..

looks nice but again...$30k? :right:

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
It's advertised as for sale by the original owner and then he says that he is selling it for his father who is the second owner. If he can't figure out that his father isn't the orignal owner, what else is not true about the car?

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
It's advertised as for sale by the original owner and then he says that he is selling it for his father who is the second owner. If he can't figure out that his father isn't the orignal owner, what else is not true about the car?
His father was the second, original owner. This makes him the third original owner.:rolleyes: The term "original" mean absolutely nothing unless the person selling, is the same person who bought the car.....not a relative, not the neighbor bud down the street that's almost family....not the guy you worked with for 25yrs etc.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
I'm currently working with a producer for a whole line of Shat related car accessories. We're also looking into buying cars on auction and having him sign them for a "signature series" of premium-select autos. Stay tuned
He'll do it I'm sure...as long as there's a buck involved. However, I find George Takei much more interesting. I'd buy something signed from him for sure.:thumbsup:

Kevin

·
Sith Lord
11,813 Posts
I have a Decepticon badge on the back of my 500. Would that make it a Transformers limited edition? How much would it fetch?

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Kevin, it is a nice looking car, nice upgrades also.

FS: '92 500E - Excellent Condition - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum
I actually read that ad once. What's sounds fishy to me is the original damage story and the owner took the lesser payoff for a I6 car....why? If all that money was put into it....why would he do that? That's a HUGE red flag and his description of the event is lacking to say the least.

In any event I'm not satisfied that he reported the extent of the damage, as happened. But, it's priced right...although I consider it to be a high mileage car, not "mid-mileage'.

I can say from personal experience that you can never tell when life circumstances will reverse your situation and you have to sell prize possessions. And they you are with an expensive car and a salvage title. On the positive side, it *sounds* like there is little the car needs except cosmetic damage repair.

Anybody considering this car should have an authorized MB collision center completely go through the car and especially the area of the :"fender bender".

Kevin

PS Wait a minute...he will deliver the car if you pay his gas+food+lodging+$250 and a ROUND trip air ticket??? WTF does he require a round trip ticket?

·
Banned
7,361 Posts
There is one on Peach for <10k. It has a salvage title, but for a driver, I'd prefer that one.

A nicer sound system also.
Ad say's $12K

If the $30 500E has had all the problems addressed front to back that is
a fair starting point, the guy does say "or best offer" That could mean $25K.

It's real easy to run up $10K in repairs on one of those.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Clarkz, price was reduced on pg.2.

Kevin, I missed the r/t air. Maybe r/t in case the car doesn't quite make it? :)

But a shipper is much cheaper.

I didn't pay much attention to the accident story, 30k in pre accident mtc or dropping the
mechanics name, maybe the $8k stereo (w/o pics) is starting to push it. Taking all in context, it's a pretty big story.

Or, it may turn out to be the deal of the century, a clean PPI and an offer for $8k.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts