Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i get my hard top off , because it wont lift up on its own,in fact it wont do anything at all.need help .

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
varcos said:
how do i get my hard top off , because it wont lift up on its own,in fact it wont do anything at all.need help .
This area is for owners of SL models manufactured from 1972 through 1989. They didn't come with power hard tops (or soft tops), so I'll guess that you actually want the forum for 129 owners. They were made from 1990 through - 2000? 1999? One of those years.

·
Registered
1984 380sl, 1988 300ce, 1988 420sel (gone)
546 Posts
Not sure if the problem is whether you don't know how to remove the hardtop or if its a mechanical issue. So if you don't know how to remove it click on this link
ourSL, Chop, Cut - part 2
It will give show you how to remove the hardtop and raise and lower the softtop. If you're missing the locking handle tools a large flat bladed screwdriver can be used until you get a set of replacements.

That is assuming you have a 107 model.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
varcos said:
As page62 always says, Year, make, and model make answering questions much easier.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,682 Posts
BenzToy said:
As page62 always says, Year, make, and model make answering questions much easier.
I say he fires up the sawzall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts