Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1 1992 500 SL with 108k on it.
I've been having an intermittent problem with my right tail light and right front running light going out. The light out icon is pretty much on all the time now when my lights are on although the tail light and front light seem to work. They may still go out from time to time, it's hard to tell when you're in the car.
Now that I set that up, I took it to someone that said they could probably fix it. (Possible a big mistake.) Anyway, he looked at it for a few days and said he didn't find anything wrong but the lights are working.
NOW FOR THE PROBLEM AT HAND.
When I drove the car home my dash cluster was lit up, but my odometer, speedometer, gas gauge volt meter and everything except the temp gauge was pinned to zero. I checked fuses and they all look OK, even the ones in the trunk. I'm bringing it back to the guy because I'm hoping it's something stupid like he forgot to plug something back in under the dash, but does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for in my particular situation.
Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. If you have any ideas on what to look for with the intermittent light and Icon problem, that would be appreciated also.

Thanks.
Phil

·
Registered
346 Posts
Unfortantly your gauge cluster may be on it's way to failing. Do a search in this forum and you will find this is a common problem, and there are many solutions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts