Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1982 380 SEL Mercedes Benz
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah well mramay said I should polish up the air cleaner. It was already on my to do list but I decided to do it right then and there. So I removed it brought it to my room and started. And I spent 5+ hours doing this.
BEFORE CLEANING

AFTER SOAP AND WATER

FINISHED RESULT OF TOP HALF

I still have the bottom half to polish and the plastic oxygen tube or whatever to clean. That's for tomorrow cuz my arms hurt and I'm tired now hahaha.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks good!

You brought car parts into your room, to work on them? Do your parents know?:cool:

I couldn't get away with that.

Well it was 30F outside and with windchill it was more like 25F. And my dads a mechanic so he doesn't really care hahah.

What the hell is that axel? Is that whole dam thing the air cleaner? Lol you added all the shit didn't you. And I wouldn't know were to begin to polish it.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an M119 engine.

The air filter housing is all plastic. Nothing to polish. :(
That sucks. It'll never look as awesome as mine hahah. Yeah but yours probably runs and just overall works 200% better then mine lol.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Look, not to be a jerk or anything, but you using "lol" like the rest of us periods is a bit distracting.
Yeah my bad. I almost just put another one right after that and right now. I guess I just laugh a lot of pretend to. Ill try an slim the "lols" down lol (had to) okay.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rubbing compound works well when you're doing the polishing like that. Try using that and then a polishing compound, you'll get it done much faster then 5 hours.
Rubbing compound like what? I used Nevr-Dull because it's what we had around and it's did the job. But I'll try whatever you think I should use if we have it.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Alternatively, you could have done it in about 15 minutes with some brown tripoli and a buffing wheel, but where's the fun in that?
Exactly. That would be no fun.

Oh and 6.9 I just used the nevr-dull to finish the job and now both sides are mirrorish. I'm gonna post a topic showing before and after for the whole thing.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Working harder is a very good thing. Shows how much you want to have a hot ride. In a few months you'll have a DL and you will prepared. Keep up the hard work be proud of what you accomplish and LOL all you want...it's good for the soul.

Mclare if it's ok to show him this:
Mikes_91_560_SEC

You can see what dedication & "working harder is". In time you too can do this. Maybe start something like this to see your accomplishment.
Lol, I didn't even see the whole message the first time. I thought you were saying lol because of me saying it wouldn't be as fun to use a buffer wheel or whatever. Lol and yeah I do want it to look bitchn. and LOL again about the lol posts.
No but seriously there were to many lols this time. ^ TOTAL LOLS: 6 hahaha

EDIT: HOLY SHIT! He built that car from scratch. That's hard work for you. Oh and my computer froze halfway through the pics lol he's got a shit load of them.

1 - 13 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.