Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

5+ Hours with Nevr-Dull

2396 Views 28 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Colome D J
Yeah well mramay said I should polish up the air cleaner. It was already on my to do list but I decided to do it right then and there. So I removed it brought it to my room and started. And I spent 5+ hours doing this.
BEFORE CLEANING

AFTER SOAP AND WATER

FINISHED RESULT OF TOP HALF

I still have the bottom half to polish and the plastic oxygen tube or whatever to clean. That's for tomorrow cuz my arms hurt and I'm tired now hahaha.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,287 Posts
That is amazingly shiny. :)

Can you do mine next? ;)

Attachments

· Registered
1982 380 SEL Mercedes Benz
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks good!

You brought car parts into your room, to work on them? Do your parents know?:cool:

I couldn't get away with that.

Well it was 30F outside and with windchill it was more like 25F. And my dads a mechanic so he doesn't really care hahah.

What the hell is that axel? Is that whole dam thing the air cleaner? Lol you added all the shit didn't you. And I wouldn't know were to begin to polish it.

· Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,287 Posts

Well it was 30F outside and with windchill it was more like 25F. And my dads a mechanic so he doesn't really care hahah.

What the hell is that axel? Is that whole dam thing the air cleaner? Lol you added all the shit didn't you. And I wouldn't know were to begin to polish it.
It's an M119 engine.

The air filter housing is all plastic. Nothing to polish. :(

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an M119 engine.

The air filter housing is all plastic. Nothing to polish. :(
That sucks. It'll never look as awesome as mine hahah. Yeah but yours probably runs and just overall works 200% better then mine lol.

· Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,033 Posts

· Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,033 Posts
Good job BTW... Where in Cali are you?

· Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra, 2005 Chrysler Town & Country, 1999 GMC Yukon
1,670 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Look, not to be a jerk or anything, but you using "lol" like the rest of us periods is a bit distracting.
Yeah my bad. I almost just put another one right after that and right now. I guess I just laugh a lot of pretend to. Ill try an slim the "lols" down lol (had to) okay.

· Registered
83 380SEC/85 500SEC | 92 500SL | 92 190e 2.6 5-speed/92 190e 2.3 5-speed
2,403 Posts
Rubbing compound works well when you're doing the polishing like that. Try using that and then a polishing compound, you'll get it done much faster then 5 hours.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rubbing compound works well when you're doing the polishing like that. Try using that and then a polishing compound, you'll get it done much faster then 5 hours.
Rubbing compound like what? I used Nevr-Dull because it's what we had around and it's did the job. But I'll try whatever you think I should use if we have it.

· Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,182 Posts
Yeah my bad. I almost just put another one right after that and right now. I guess I just laugh a lot of pretend to. Ill try an slim the "lols" down lol (had to) okay.

You don't have to.

LOLZ !! :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.