Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was playing around last night after the wash and wax, was going to put it in low drive a few hundred feet keep all the wokring like it should. Went to put in low and nothing happend again. this time i do not have the H missing in the dash.. all lights aer like they are suppose to be, just dont have a 4 lo.

So is there a plug in or will dealer have to fix this again... I bet they forgot to hook something up, i just remember they had all that out last month doing that compter swap.

·
Registered
G 500, 55K
486 Posts
Did you drive up and down the driveway or a little way with it? Mine takes a little while to switch.

PS I am glad to see you are still here. Now could I arrange to come down to get mine washed and waxed. It is almost untouchable.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im still here, going to be for a while i guess. none of the mb dealers that i have talked to want a G so they say.... then they hit me at like $40+k for a new E500. Needless to say i walked. one dealer even told me that they could buy them at the auction for low $30's to high $20's. I said are you serious? he went on the hole spill about them and when he finished i said well ill take 2 right now at $30k. where are they?

He then switched to topic to how nice the new E500 was, which i replyed with i hope so becaue the 03-04 where a piece of poopie. For some reason the conversation stopped after that.

Then one dealer said " your G is worth $49K trade in. I said cool well ill trade you for that 04 E500 sport, he said good deal came back and said it would be $10K differnce. After i lol at him (02G500 is worth the same as a 04E500 book to book)He then said oh well we can only give you that for your G on a new 05 E500. I said ok, lets take a look at them. He then said we dont have any on the lot right now but these two are on the truck, one was $71,000 other $75,000.00 I then had to let him know i would not be trading cars. His reply back was, "well if you get a better deal i dont guess we didnt get your business".....

I was like well no crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts