Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,183 Posts
No one commenting? This forum seems dead.

WRONG time to post that amazing car, unfortunately. Economy in Wuhan-Hell. A shame this wasn't listed a month ago.

·
Registered
1977 W116 450SEL and 1988 W126 560SEC
443 Posts
$25K with 3 days to go is pretty good if you ask me. Will the market tank? Absolutely! How much and for how long? My crystal ball is currently unavailable.

·
Registered
'91 560SEC, '98 SL500
1,938 Posts
This car will bring some strong money, the seller is smart using his attractive presenter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
FWIW...... My opinion if real

The seller a Dealer will make a profit.

The Buyer will acquire an asset that will depreciate, Buyer will not be making any profit.

Regards

Joseph~

·
Registered
1983 300SD
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$25K with 3 days to go is pretty good if you ask me. Will the market tank? Absolutely! How much and for how long? My crystal ball is currently unavailable.
Agreed. Granted BaT goes nut for cars with crazy low mileage, but base W126s just don't command these prices. My guess is it sells for 50k+.

I also think that this portends well for when things stabilize and the market returns. Mark IV Supras are still going for 6 figures. If the capital is out there for this it's out there for traditional investments.

Although I don't think markets tanking should be future tense. They done tanked! Of course they're probably going to tank some more.

·
Registered
1983 300SD
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And more. :(
And probably some more after that.

Everything will come back eventually. Particularly if this 300SD clears 50k. Which I'll wager a roll of toilet paper it will. People somehow still have cash to spend on cars that had the odometer rolled back. Once the smoke clears they'll put that into index funds, real estate, businesses, etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts