Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300ge
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an exhaust hanger which has rusted out. It is the one in front of the right rear wheel. Anyone have a part #, or is this the same as other Mercedes hangers?
Thanks,

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
mine are rusted too for some reason. Has it broken or do you just not like the look?

·
Registered
300ge
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the rust has resulted in the u-bolt loosening so the hook comes adrift from the rubber donut. It is so rusty I am afraid to tighten it. The u-bolt is a standard piece, but the hook that attaches is also rusty, so In want to replace it all.
As expected my local MB dealer wouldnt help. Paret said they couldnt look it up,,, Mercedes home office refused to.
I will call my brother in Germany and have him get it for me...or should I try Europa...but my purchase experience with them was appalling so I dont want to go there..
All this for a 10$ part they probably have.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
I didnt notice your was older. Can you just not go to a muffler shop and have them fix it?

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
n2lw - 5/6/2005 3:52 PM

No, the rust has resulted in the u-bolt loosening so the hook comes adrift from the rubber donut. It is so rusty I am afraid to tighten it. The u-bolt is a standard piece, but the hook that attaches is also rusty, so In want to replace it all.
As expected my local MB dealer wouldnt help. Paret said they couldnt look it up,,, Mercedes home office refused to.
I will call my brother in Germany and have him get it for me...or should I try Europa...but my purchase experience with them was appalling so I dont want to go there..
All this for a 10$ part they probably have.
I don't see any u-bolt on the EPC, and without your VIN, it's hard to know for sure. Also, Federalizers have been known to make a lot of non-standard modifications.

That being said, you can try P/N: A.463.492.21.41. It is the right angled bracket that goes into the rubber donut and is bolted to a braket welded on the pipe.

·
Registered
300ge
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Dutch.
My VIN is WDB46322717068568
The part sounds right. I just wanted to fix it myself. Muffler shop is last resort. Besides, Im30 miles from anywhere

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
n2lw - 5/7/2005 9:48 AM

Thanks, Dutch.
My VIN is WDB46322717068568
The part sounds right. I just wanted to fix it myself. Muffler shop is last resort. Besides, Im30 miles from anywhere
Part number I gave you before is correct, unless the Feneralizer fiddled something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts