Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 450sl in perfect condition w/56000 miles guy asking 15k I love it am worried about age and mainyenence issues.<br>
<br>
Thought<br>
Joe

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just purchased was seems to be a similar car. Needs a new top but has 54 clicks and in perfect condition. Ask for maintance information as this car has had a lot done to it...water pumps, fuel pumps, AC, exhaust, brakes, wiper motor etc. All in all around $18K of repairs in the past 22 years. When they sit things happen but have it checked out by a mechanic and run a compression test. Each cylinder should be between 110 - 144 PSI with no more than a 22 psi varience between cylinders. If everything looks good then buy it as the price is really good.<br> <br> Good luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am selling my 1980 450 SL. It has AMG rims and custom wood stering wheel and european type headlights. The body and the interior are perfect and a new top and driver seat. My question is that somewhere I read that the 1980 engine was more valuable that other years,why? It has <br> <br> miles. What's a reasonable price?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts