Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the front seats of a 300SD will fit in a 450SEL (both from around the same time period ('79). The interior in both models appears identical. Basically, my 450SEL has a bad interior and I have access to a 300SD with a perfect interior and want to swap. Also, are the bumpers interchangeable ??

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: Does anyone know if the front seats of a 300SD will fit in a 450SEL (both from around the same time period ('79). The interior in both models appears identical. Basically, my 450SEL has a bad interior and I have access to a 300SD with a perfect interior and want to swap. Also, are the bumpers interchangeable ??<p>Bill, the answer is yes, the seats will interchange without any problems. They are pretty straight forward to remove and replace. Four 10mm bolts, two in front, two in back of track. You will need to move the height adjustment back and forth to have access to the bolts. Please note that all 450sel's have leather interiors, except for some grey market cars and the very rare cars fitted with velour. It was an option in 1979 but almost no one ordered it. 300sd's mostly have mb-tex so your front and rear seats may not match unless you swap seats both from and rear. No problems with rear seat either. It will drop right in.<br>Regarding bumpers. If both cars have U.S. bumpers they will interchange.<br>Hope info helps.<br>Regards<br>Joe Brasileiro<br>1980 450sel <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: : Does anyone know if the front seats of a 300SD will fit in a 450SEL (both from around the same time period ('79). The interior in both models appears identical. Basically, my 450SEL has a bad interior and I have access to a 300SD with a perfect interior and want to swap. Also, are the bumpers interchangeable ??<p>Bill, the answer is yes, the seats will interchange without any problems. They are pretty straight forward to remove and replace. Four 10mm bolts, two in front, two in back of track. You will need to move the height adjustment back and forth to have access to the bolts. Please note that all 450sel's have leather interiors, except for some grey market cars and the very rare cars fitted with velour. It was an option in 1979 but almost no one ordered it. 300sd's mostly have mb-tex so your front and rear seats may not match unless you swap seats both from and rear. No problems with rear seat either. It will drop right in.<br>Regarding bumpers. If both cars have U.S. bumpers they will interchange.<br>Hope info helps.<br>Regards<br>Joe Brasileiro<br>1980 450sel <br><p>Thanks Joe !!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They should fit since both are a 116 body. If you find out how to remove the front seats, please tell me. I have never been able to find where the bolts are that hold the seat to the floor.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 450sel parts interchanging with 380 sel

I need to know if and what parts of the 450 sel and 380 sel are interchangable. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts