Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of used mercedes 6.5Jx15H2 rims for my 77 SLC. What is the widest tire I can safely put on them without stressing the sidewalls. The rims have a 35mm offset, 5mm more than the stock 6.5Jx14s. I was hoping to be able to use 15-20mm hub centric spacers with a 225/(55-60)-15. Going with a 15 mm spacer would retain stock clearance in the back of the wheel and leave 15 mm between the inner wheel well lip in the front from the widest part of the tire.<br>
<br>
Thanks much<br>
<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Larry,<br> <br> On a 6.5 wide rim it would not be advisable to go over 205 as it would induce excesive tire flex and cause substantial understeer. Also with 6.5X15 there is no requirement for spacers notwithstanding 35mm offset. I have 8X16 with 225X55X16 and only required 6mm spacers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info....... I wanted to use 20mm spacer to push the wheels out and fill up the wheel wells to improve apperance as well as get a little wider stance. I do see that most 225x15 tires fit a range of rim widths, mostly 6-8 inch as per manufacturer specs. do you know where I could find a reference of recommended rim/tire widths?<br> <br> Thanks much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts