Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my front Rotor and Brake Pads about 10000 miles ago and when I went to the authorized dealer for a recent 60k service I was told that my front Rotor and Brake Pads both need to be changed again. When I asked for measurements they told me it was 25.4/24.7.

Since then I have called 3 different authorized service centers and they all told me that life of front brake pad on the worst case should be 15k and rotors about 30k.

But the authorized dealer that did my service is insisting that all newer models of MB go through break and rotor changes every 10k-15k.

I feel that this is a fraud and I hope someone can advice me regarding this matter. [:(]

TIA

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe you are being taken for a ride. I am replacing my Rotors on my E320 @ 93,000 miles. Pads every 40,000 I know the cars are worlds apart but not that far. Do they squeal when you hit the brake? Does your brake pedal pulse? If the answer is NO to these then you don't need brakes. KEEP IN MIND! NEW Brake Disc for your car at www.mercedesshop.com is under $75.00 each. Don't be taken.

Brian Felts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts