Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'75 421
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been slowly getting a 421 back to decent serviceable condition. The owners manual I bought is quite comprehensive and very useful, but Im at a point where more detailed info would be helpful.

Im wondering if anyone has a 421/411 workshop manual I might borrow for a couple lf weeks. I could pick out the areas I plan to tackle and photocopy out the appropriate sections.

If not I will order the factory manual but its pretty pricey at $250+/- plus shipping and used ones are rarer than hens teeth.

This is one of those things that you dont need often, but when you do it is indespensible.

BTW I did buy the manual on CD off Ebay, but it is hard to install/use and the information for the 421 is sketchy at best

Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
12 Posts
Snoman, I have those manuals and you are welcome to borrow them. I have a 1973 421 and I'd really like to get a look at your 421 and your plow setup. Where in NH are you located?

·
Registered
'75 421
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I live in Milford NH its about 15 miles west of Nashua. I would be happy to show you 'round the mog. The plow setup works well but is a little strange. It uses a Schmit frame, but what looks like a modified Fisher 8' blade with 6" extentions welded to each side and a home made A frame. This rig was owned by the state and used for plowing a state park road. Send me a PM and we can hammer out some details.

Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts