Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Case 406
375 Posts
Congratulations Bryan, it must feel good to finally get there.

:thumbsup:

Cheers Rolf

·
Registered
1987 416 Doka
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
As you know, I graduated from CU, but I also had a lot of hail storms in my area, so I've been trying to earn a living - but I have to pass a national licensing exam to become a Registered Nurse before I can really get a job... So I've been studying a little bit and dreading the exam.

On Monday I took the exam and found out this morning that I passed!!

So now I just have to roof houses as fast and frequently as I can, and I also need to try to find a job!

The short version of my thread update is that my poor mog has been sitting untouched for at least a month!!!!! Why do I have to WORK? WHY? I would so much rather play with my mog!

·
Premium Member
U1000Ag
2,252 Posts
Problem is the depth of the factory cap may not be the same. I noted this on one of mine. Even Scott was stumped at the time. I had to add another seal to increase the holding pressure when using aftermarket caps. This took a seemingly overheating engine into the green once I was able to maintain proper pressure.
Did anyone get to the bottom of this issue with the cap depth ?

·
Registered
1987 416 Doka
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Long awaited update

As you all know, time and money are the only two things that separate us from our goals/projects/dreams/etc. And so it is with mine!

I know I don't have the skills to weld new steel on my rusty cab, etc; much less shape body panels and prep the mog for paint - so I have been running craigslist ads trying to find someone who can help me and I finally found a good guy and we've been working a bit on Saturdays getting some things done.

I rented a diesel air compressor and a sand blaster to strip down the whole truck. Well, it sorta worked, but the blaster was better suited for concrete stripping than what my needs were - but we did what we could.

We were able to prime a good bit of the truck as well. I'm using a product called Rust Bullet and it seems to be going on well. We've still got a long way to go, but progress is being made (slowly of course!) and I'll post some updates as we go.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Congratulations, Man. Good Work.

In The Future, when changing IV Bags, always remember to check the buildsheet, some of the early hip and knee replacements had
'Yellow Metal', which opens up that whole GL4 - GL5 deal. Don't want the geezers spalling their bearing surfaces.

Also, if the Patient is suffering from debilitating pain, and the nurse responds to the button, and comes in and hits the IV with Dilaudid.......
the patient will thank you, fall in love with you, and want to marry you......no matter what. I have gone through that circuit many times on the receiving
end, and fortunately, all of the nurses were Female, so it was slightly less embarrassing than it could have been.

·
Registered
1976 416.141
350 Posts
x2!

I just emailed Andrew a reply and noticed he joined and posted comments for us as well. No pitch forks here my friend! I'm glad Andrew has been following this thread since I emailed John the link to it.

To be clear, the problem in removing my tires is not the beadlock itself, it is the inner safety bead, it's a 1/4 weld buildup; but I didn't expect a problem until I tried to de-bead the tire. Isn't that the way things go sometimes!

I don't know what a date code is, but the tires were take-offs, so I didn't think the age of them was a concern - the condition was. I did email Andrew though, so I'll take the conversation back in private until something is solidified and let you know the resolution.
Hey Bryan I hope you and the family are doing well and the Mog too. Remember this post from your awesome 416 turbo build saga? I'm in the process of welding on a set of beadlock rings and was wondering what your thoughts are on the safety bead part of this....knowing what you know now would you still do it or would you do it differently?
Thanks
Rick Montez

·
Registered
1987 416 Doka
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Hey Rick,

I just sent you an email - but there are some good internal beadlock options out there these days, and they may be worth looking at. I don't know what the cost analysis looks like, but start there. I hope I can get back to my build - but I work a lot!

321 - 330 of 330 Posts