Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am are currently about to swap the original engine 4 cyl MB diesel (om314) for a 6 cyl OM352 from a 416 unimog which only has 1300 hrs and its in good working condition

before to start doing the swap i would like if any of yopu know if clutch assembly, starter pilot bushing are compatible with the 6 cyl motor
and if the radiator will be enough to mantain cool the OM352

we just have finished to repair /restore the bed (we narrow 5 inches each side for better clearance in narrow trails we have down here, as whell we shorten the bed excess over the chasis (12 inches) in favor of beter maneurability(sp?) as this mog will see more trail use or will be used to recovery vehicles (jeeps and other small or medium 4x4's) use than heavy loads

unimog its fitted actualy with some 10.5 tires as it was originaly setup with the 4 cyl , front and rear PTO's missing the driveshaft for the rear Pto

the 413 its a std hard cab (same as 416 but 4 cyl)
we have a werner (8 ton capacity) front winch waiting to be installed sitting in the bench waiting for one of the original support that attachtches to the unimog frame rail

Tires will be swapped for 14.5 tires or at least 12.5 for better on road capabilities (we are willing to mantain 50 or 60 Miles/hr) for at least 2 or 3 hrs

it has std gear ratio (willing to swap for fast axles in future)

if any of you could give me an advice of what we need to address befor start the swap

i will really apreciate it

·
Registered
1973 416 Doka, 1978 416 Doka, 1980 416 Doka..... Help me, I can't stop buying them!!!
2,627 Posts
Isn't the doghouse cover different like in a 421? so the cab might not fit without modification, or a cab swap. If you are in the states I should have some parts that you might need to make the swap.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Von tks for Reply

i am in Monterrey Mexico , the dog hous its exaclty the same as the 406 and 416 a friend of mine (Tijerina) have here

so i think that wouldnt be a problem but we may see

ill going to post some pics tomorrow , engine its located all the way back in the cab , exaust and head seems to be in the same position inside the cab and under the dog house as the 6 cyl the space in front under the hood its some like "empty" in this Mog it has a extension shaft connected to the crankshaft pulley that moves the fan and the alternator and the hidraulic pump for steer

we are considering have a cab lift of 1.5 to fit the 14.5 's

we have an address in Mcallen TX where we recieve all the parts we have needed before

please send me a PM with a # where i could call you it will glad to give you a call

im going to be put the 4 cyl in other mog well actually a chasis
Cab its missing becuse its burned due a crash ill going to restore it for me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts