Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
404 tires Tube type or tubeless?

I am doing some work on a 404 for a family member and will change the 10.5 X 20 tires to 12.5 X 20 Conti tubeless. Are the 404 rims tubeless or do they require tubes and rim flaps. If tubes are required can I reuse the 10.5 X 20 tubes if they are in good condition or are larger tubes needed for the 12.5 X 20 tires? Thanks

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
404 trims require tubes. I have never use the rim flaps and have had zero issue.

As for the tubes fitting or not, I can't say.

You can run the 404 rim tubeless so long as you keep high pressure in the tire and limited offroad use.

·
Registered
324 Posts
this may be apples and oranges...
I have been running BFG M/T KM2 37x12.50r20's for a few years, I have always run them tubeless.
I did have a very slow leak on one that turned out to be a flaw in the joint in the metal. welded it up and had no issues since.
I usually run 20 PSI front, 15 rear... lots of hard rock trails and gullies, never had any issues with the bead breaking loose. I do air up to 35/30 or more if I do extended distance (100km+) at highway speeds.

In the beginning I thought the tall tire would be cool, but my next set will be 10.50's. I see no need to optimize highway speeds on a tractor and the ground clearance advantage is minuscule.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts