Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some bad news, the 404 information package that I have been hosting at drop.io is no more.

Drop.io was bought by facebook and the ftp hosting service has been dissolved. The torrent is still available via the pirates bay and I can provide it on CD to anyone who wants to pay the freight.

I will let you all know if and when I find a new open host for it.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
63' Unimog 404 TLF-8, 08' Smart 451 Passion, 88' MB 560SEL (sold)
20 Posts
FTP Hosting, Setup and Running

ftp://96.50.224.253/

I've created a read-only FTP location that anyone can access from their browser or an FTP client. The 404 info is there and I can add more files if people have additional stuff they want to share.

Contact me privately through my Benzworld account if you want to upload some more files to this location, or if you have a copyright concern.

·
Premium Member
1965 404, 1980 MB4/94, 1981 416 Doka, 1983 240D, 1999 E55, 2000 ML55
605 Posts
Thank you for posting these!
I have 2 sets of the shop manuals and i've always been afraid of getting them dirty so its super nice to have it on my garage computer within reach of my grubby fingertips!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're a good man Charley Brown.

My file, for those who don't already have, is all the information from another file but buttoned up into a PDF versus a few hundred megs of jpg image files. I also added the winch information as well as the 6 to 8 gear modification information.

There is a companion document in the works for the diesel trucks that should provided a good deal of fingertip information for gearing & chassis specs and shifter layout. No where near the level of detail of owners manuals and service books but a good quick reference guide. Watch this space.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
FTP Server Address Updated

ftp://96.50.243.244/

Sorry for the inconvenience but my ISP has been changing around my static IP's and the file I was hosting for everyone was affected.

Use the new address above and I'll try to stay on top of future changes

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
ftp://tekmar-guest.dyndns.biz/

I know this IP address is gonna switch occasionally so I nailed it down with a dynamic domain name. This should be the last time I need to change it for anyone as this address (see link above) will update itself everytime my ISP switches IP addresses on me.

ftp://tekmar-guest.dyndns.biz/

Thanks and Enjoy

·
Registered
'62 404 Bundeswehr Radio Truck, '61 Bundeswehr 404 Doka
438 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts