Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C230k Coupe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to this forum and have just purchased a c230 coupe(2.3ltr. 6 Speed). After much research and solidified by the fact that I am a German Auto fanatic, I have decided to take on what appears to be the dificult task of extracting 425 reliable HP and support tunning out of a 2002 year model.

Specifically I am looking to accomplish 3 things. 1. a car capable of an 12 second 1/4 mile run. 2. to create a visually stunning vehicle that would be worthy of the badge it carries. 3. to create a viable alternative to the current field of american and japanese pocket rockets.

A list of planned mods are: Eliminate super charger and replace with Garrett "balistic" series ball bearing turbo, Custom Header and Exhaust, Port and Polish Head, Custom fabricated intake, Cylinder & Piston coating, custom cams, springs and retainers, Upgrade head studs and gasket, Custom intercooler by ARE, AMG racing lightweight Flywheel and clutch package, AMG 11" rotors and Dual piston calipers.

I am hoping to work with Renntech here in south Florida to assist me with programing the factory ECU if not, then I will utilize 1 of several "piggy back" management systems I have been researching. Any information that any of you gentleman(and ladies) can provide as my journey goes would be greatly appreciated.

Also I do have one initial question regarding the Aero Kit featured in the "Gotta See" section of Benzforum (http://www.benzforum.com/gottasee/renntech.php, where exactly can it be purchased? I had no luck finding it on the Renntech site.

Thanks,
Speedwerx

·
Registered
2004 C320
55 Posts
Or you could have just gotten the AMG C32. Fully reliable power, 100% factory warranty, an...

Or you could have just gotten the AMG C32. Fully reliable power, 100% factory warranty, and all the performance you will ever need. O-60 in 4.9 etc etc.

Your cost will be around (or close to) the price of the AMG by the time you are done too. But when it comes time to sell your car, it will not command the same value as the AMG, Probably no more than what the car is valued at during time of sale, non factory added features have no value in the used car market.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck on your automotive adventure!

·
Registered
C230k Coupe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Making It my Own!

Your point is well understood, I consider msyelf a true automotive enthusiast envolved in every possible form of racing & collecting since the age of 10 (now 38). Part of the pride and thrill of owning a vehicle any vehicle is emplementing little touches that make it your own. Every car I've owned has been a love affair not neccesarily because it was the car of the moment, but largely due to those small and perhaps intangables traits that often define a cars character. In the case of the c230 coupe, this is Mercedes first ginuwine effort into the compact sport coupe market.

One need not look far for those elements which make it unmistakeably Mercedes. However, living in South Florida, a melting pot of automotive culture,tastes and pleasures, the c230's virtues are easily lost. Not to mention the fact that the current field of compact sport cars are not only "upping the ante'", but are also demanding attention!!

No doubt performance is at the fore front of this attention. Sure I could have purchased a c32 or 55 for that matter but where's the fun in that?[;)] Attached is another victim of my wild ideas.[:)]

MHO,
Speedwerx

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350 Cabriolet
253 Posts
Check out the Coupe forum at http://www.csportcoupe.com/forums/index.php?s=

There is a ...

Check out the Coupe forum at http://www.csportcoupe.com/forums/index.php?s=

There is a guy in Malta that as done much of what you are think of doing. Also check out the W202 forum.

There is a W202 owner who rebiult his M111 engine the right way, ported and polished, turbo etc.
http://www.turbobenz.com

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
My target was more achievable, 200rwhp. If I wanted a realiable 400 ponies, the cheapest...

My target was more achievable, 200rwhp. If I wanted a realiable 400 ponies, the cheapest, most reliable way of getting there is to find a C32/SLK32 in a salvage yard and buy the engine/trans from them, probably about $5K. I know it's a mere 349HP but with a little tweaking you can probably get it up to 400HP or more. It should fit in there without a problem since they sell a C320 coupe. The biggest obsticle in getting 400HP out of the M111 engine is that internally it can't handle it and neither can the tranny and clutch and it's not like you can easily find internal racing parts for it, heck, Kleemann made a racing clutch "one of" for it and it was going to cost close to $2K with your old parts as exchange if they produced it and it the problem was that it was not suitable for day to day driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts