Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all many vito problems

First Fault gearknob just split in half when shifting gear replaced and now ok

Second Fault Power Steering Belt split and then fell off Thanks to Custom Chris with Diagram for refitting Replacement Sorted now

Third Fault Exhaust just snapped in half clean due to rust No warning either got a replacement back section and a joining sleave Sorted

Fourth Fault that i require help on is yesterday van ran out of diesel just as i got to the pump filled it up but van will not run now:confused::confused::confused: Have remove pipe from top of filter and topped it up with diesel It will start but then stops when filter has emptied It does not appear to be drawing fuel from the tank system has been bleed of air Do the pumps fail so quick if dry and i require a supplier of a replacement pump please lads :confused::confused:

Wots nxt when its running its superb tho :):):)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some pumps require the fuel to lubricate the pump and if they run dry then it could be the end of the pump and worse case could do damage to the injectors.

·
Registered
112 CDi
85 Posts
week 5 , black death .

:crybaby2:

Ok serious answer is ... I didnt think you had to prime the fuel filter. I researched it after I ran out of diesel several months ago .

I turned the starter over for a long time then it finally started. It look lots of cranking to get it to start . This clears the airlocks from the fuel lines by itself after lots of starter motor battery burning starting attempts.

edit ... ok i didnt read you have bled it already ... how did you bleed it ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts