Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MB ML 320 (2000)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?]
I have a 2000 ML 320 with 3rd row seats in java. I am selling them. A potential buyer came with his 2001 ML 320. Now we found out that his ML doesn't have the hooks in the chassis where the 3rd row seats are locked in to. Mercedes told him that they didn't install the hooks in the trunk anylonger.
Does someone know if I can take mine out and install them in the other car?

Peter

·
Registered
ML 430
2 Posts
Hello
I have an 2001 ML 430 in Germany and have supplementary build in a 3. row. The car had also not the hooks in. What you need is : two “consoles� which you must fixed, after dismounting the side panel, on the car body. The needed thread hole are in the car!
In Germany I have paid for one console ca. 80 $ . One safety belt costs 150 $, a leather seat 1000$ .
OK! You can use all your parts from your old ML. But than you need additional 4 hour time for the removal. I have wrote a complete report with many pictures about the installation of the 3. row which I can send you. I can try to translate it partly. You need for one side between 2 and 3 hours time, and “actual� no special tools . I need only a Torx for the screws of the safety belt.
I am a member of the German ML-Club (www.mlcd.de)

Attachments

·
Registered
ML 430
2 Posts
What I have forgotten. If you buy a Ml with no 3rd row, the easy entry funtion of the 2. row is normally not present. The additional mounting is cost extensive and not so easy to do install it with one´s own hand. Ask for the costs a Mercedes workshop.
But you must not have it! For my childrens it easy to climb over the 2. row, if this is in the fold down position. Try it yourself.

·
Registered
ML 320 01'
664 Posts
manni - 4/11/2005 5:18 PM

What I have forgotten. If you buy a Ml with no 3rd row, the easy entry funtion of the 2. row is normally not present. The additional mounting is cost extensive and not so easy to do install it with one´s own hand. Ask for the costs a Mercedes workshop.
But you must not have it! For my childrens it easy to climb over the 2. row, if this is in the fold down position. Try it yourself.
Not true. I've installed it myself and certainly doesn't cost more than the other parts.

Check out Paul's web for complete info.

·
Registered
MB ML 320 (2000)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mannie,
that would be great if you could send me the report about the installation. You don't even have to translate it. I speak fluent German.
my email adr. is
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts