Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I recently had my carb serviced on my w124 200 auto, after the carb was serviced the gear changes on the 3 to 4 is very bad, it tends to hold on the 3rd gear at a high rev and would not decrease the rev and go to 4 unless you pull back on the pedal, this only started happening after the carb was removed to be serviced we tried playing around with the kick down cable adjustment as well as accelarator cable, but when you tighten the kick down cable the gears take long to change and rev for a while, if we loosen the cable then there is no thrust in when foot down on the accelerator in top gear.

Is there any other settings that needs to be set ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Hi, i did check the pipes that you mentioned all was in order, we adjusted the cable settings on the kick down cable made it looser, the gears changes better and smoother, however when i need to overatake or need extra power on the car and if i put foot down on the pedal, i do hear and feel the click on the pedal floor but the car does not shift into lower gear to accelerate and give power, it will gradually increase speed, could the switch on the floor peadl be faulty ?
I am not very clued up with this stuff.

·
Registered
1986 Mercedes Benz 300e
8 Posts
shifting issues

My 1986 Mercedes Benz 300e auto does the same thing, but I did find a short vacuum line disconnected and don't know where it goes. Also have one missing from air cleaner.:confused:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts