Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle is a 2008 ML350. Dealer service dept at Scottsdale AZ said I did not the transmission service at 39k. My manual clearly says so.

Checking the new 2010 service schedule, I couldnt find any mention of transmission service. Should I stick with the original 2008 schedule or adopt the newer one. 10k oil changes seem like a better idea but it seems sketchy to never change the trans fluid. Are the 2008 and 2010 transmissions the same for the ML?

·
It was fun while it lasted
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,148 Posts
Yes. The 39K mile service is definitely required. If your dealer knows so little about the vehicles they sell and service, maybe you need to change dealers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. The 39K mile service is definitely required. If your dealer knows so little about the vehicles they sell and service, maybe you need to change dealers.
lol, my closest dealer in Chandler knew it needed the service, but they want to charge $925 for the entire service including an unnecessary brake flush. I guess when you charge that much, you are sure not to miss any service in the book.

·
Registered
2008 ML350 Iridium/Ash
132 Posts
Always a good idea as wear and heat can build up a nasty bit of smuck in the trans internals. Just had wife's '08 ML 350 done at 41k miles for $256.00 at dealer, this in SF bay area!
IMHO, worth the cost, and will likely repeat at 80k-90k if we still have it.
Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Always a good idea as wear and heat can build up a nasty bit of smuck in the trans internals. Just had wife's '08 ML 350 done at 41k miles for $256.00 at dealer, this in SF bay area!
IMHO, worth the cost, and will likely repeat at 80k-90k if we still have it.
Brian
Full transmission service for $256? That's impressive.

My quotes at Phoenix dealer were $300 or $400 depending on what transmission was actually installed in the vehicle ???

Scottsdale was $350 and Chandler was $924 including A service and an unnecessary brake fluid service.

·
Registered
GL450, R500 traded, ML350 sold
437 Posts
Full transmission service for $256? That's impressive.

My quotes at Phoenix dealer were $300 or $400 depending on what transmission was actually installed in the vehicle ???

Scottsdale was $350 and Chandler was $924 including A service and an unnecessary brake fluid service.
Brake fluid must be changed every two years so unless you had it done in less than that it was a necessary item. I paid $400 for trans fluid replacement and $85 for brake fluid all at the dealer at the same time
so what's unnecessary here is what they quoted you IMHO. I paid $485 plus tax and if I would add A service would be about $200 more which is still $300 less than $925.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vehicle went into dealer at 26k by prior owner and was signed off by service dept, I assume brake fluid was changed then

1 - 12 of 12 Posts