Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430 ,Silver/Ash, Daily Driver
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove to my sons Graduation from St Paul to Pheonix last week and returned yesterday... The car ran GREAT at 80-90 mph consistantly and averaged 25-30mpg... The car gets much better gas milage at high altitudes!! (31):thumbsup:
Going through the passes in the mountains was a blast ! We were passing alot of cars and at one gas station one dumbshit Toyota driver said that I should slow down to save gas. !!!HAHAHA....I asked him what kind of milage he was getting and he Replied "better than you"" So what's that supposed to mean?? "I'm getting 29-30 at a little under the speed limit" At that point I had to laugh so loud my wife asked what was so funny. I said the Toyota was getting the same milage we were.. She said thats nice but I'd rather drive in a Classy Benz!!!
We ate at a Chille's and then went back on the freeway and blew right by the idiot !!!
Never saw him again !!!:eek:

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
I drove to my sons Graduation from St Paul to Pheonix last week and returned yesterday... The car ran GREAT at 80-90 mph consistantly and averaged 25-30mpg... The car gets much better gas milage at high altitudes!! (31):thumbsup:
Going through the passes in the mountains was a blast ! We were passing alot of cars and at one gas station one dumbshit Toyota driver said that I should slow down to save gas. !!!HAHAHA....I asked him what kind of milage he was getting and he Replied "better than you"" So what's that supposed to mean?? "I'm getting 29-30 at a little under the speed limit" At that point I had to laugh so loud my wife asked what was so funny. I said the Toyota was getting the same milage we were.. She said thats nice but I'd rather drive in a Classy Benz!!!
We ate at a Chille's and then went back on the freeway and blew right by the idiot !!!
Never saw him again !!!:eek:
Very cool - sounds like you had a good time driving your benz - life is good!

Lance

·
Registered
2003 Ford Ranger kickass edition. Soon 2003 SL55
437 Posts
Wow. thats quite a drive Ron.. nice work! Great MPG too.. the best i am able to get is 24 and that is just setting the CC at 60. Did you get the magnaflow installed?

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430 ,Silver/Ash, Daily Driver
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Magna Flo is installed and is absolutely orgasmic!!!

I got it about 3 weeks ago and I installed it at my buddy's place here in woodbury.....Love the sound !!! The sound from about 3000 rpm up is GREAT !! Going through the tunnels in Colorado sounded Soooo Gooood !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts