Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know Im stupid . Didn't think I was this bad but I guess I am. I am in process of installing new seat covers on my 84 380sl seats. Got the leather installed and started putting them back together and I got lost doing that. I didn't take any pics of disassembly and thus my memory has failed me in the reassembly. I thought I could remember how they went together but there was a couple months lapse in reassembly and now I cant figure it out. All I got is two boxes of bolts and nuts and such for each side and I have no idea where to put most of them. I have figured out a few but not enough to make it work. I have looked all over for video of how to do it but nothing I have looked for diagrams of the parts and nothing yet. So, I come to the forum for assistance . If anyone has info on where to go I would appreciate assistance . Thanks for any help you may have.
I don't have any owners manuals other than electrical troubleshooting guide and that's it.
Earl

Registered
'79 450SL, '04 CLK200 convertible; former A124, W210, A209.
No such thing as stupid! Just brave :) I do have a habit of taking lots of pictures as I've a very good memory, it's just short ;-) As it happens I'm also replacing seat pads in my passenger's seat, a 1979 450SL, and should be done this weekend - there are some pics available here 1979 Mercedes 450SL in case you want to take a look, hopefully they're of some value.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
In looking at your pictures I see I have started off wrong. I think it will be better if I start attaching the braces to the seat back first. Those attach points are immovable and that should make the bottom permanent as well. I see I have anticipated things going in places close by and now see they don't necessarily work that way. I do see the error of my ways and Im going to head outside and get started again . Thanks for photos . If I would have taken mine they might have looked like yours . Thanks very much for the info.
Earl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts