Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1982 M-B 380SL, 1998 Ford Taurus, 2001 Dodge Ram 2500, Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has an oil change place and he lets people put their cars out front to sell them. It draws in customers who look at the car and decide to get their oil changed and also helps someone get rid of a car they no longer want or need.

He has a 1984 380SL sitting out there right now. I'm sort of two minds on it as the people who are selling it had looked at my car before buying it. They went to a local collector car dealer and probably paid a lot more than I would have gotten. I know it was at a local repair shop a lot.

Anyway, I don't know much about it. I know they are asking $9500 or best offer. I don't want to knock the car, it would sound like sour grapes, but it does have tin worm. There is a large place of rust perforation by the fuel door. I haven't looked at it very closely since my back has me selling mine. I did take a couple of photos though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 M-B 380SL, 1998 Ford Taurus, 2001 Dodge Ram 2500, Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That radio antenna pretty much tells me all I need to know.

I've been with holding comment since I'm selling one similar to it. The mechanics who worked on it have a reputation for fixing things quick, not neccessarily right. Mine doesn't spray for mosquitos when I start it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts