Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hmm... Your tests are indicating you should be getting spark.
I'm late for work. Let me chew on this for a while and I'll get back to you.
I got it started. I was going through the testing procedures listed in the MB manual and everything was good up to reading the connection points where the green wire plugs into the distributor. When I attempted to remove the green wire the insulation material at the plug broke in half. I gave up the ghost at that point and put things back together. Gave it one last shot before I called for a tow and it started. And started again. And ran like a champ. So, I'll put a new green wire on order. You indicated that URO fixed the plug connectors on their green wire, is that correct?

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
3,032 Posts
Go back and look at post #6. I agree I was cryptic but I would have thought it enough to at least earn a look.
Glad you got it running. (y)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
You have been terrific. Thanks for all of your help! To confirm, the connection on URO green wire now fit correctly?

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
3,032 Posts
You have been terrific. Thanks for all of your help! To confirm, the connection on URO green wire now fit correctly?
Uro claims they corrected the problem. I don't have first hand knowledge that they actually did correct the problem because I modified the first Uro green wire and it's been working fine.

When they sent me the replacement I just put it in stock.

It's been a pleasure speaking with you. (y)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts